Now is the time to start thinking about 2012 Senior Portraits. Lets get them early before it gets too hot :)
What to think about when preparing for those Senior photos..
do you play an instrument? a sport? what are your interests? Lets incorporate them in your session.
- Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable and reflect your personality.
- Bring multiple outfits.
- Bring a variety of outfits - both causal and formal.
- Coordinate your outfit from head to toe.
- Keep the tonal range of clothing in the same group; don't mix lights & darks in the same outfit.
- Select 2-3 complementing solid colors in tones such as greens, blues, purples, burgundies, khakis, black, navy and denim.
- Avoid large prints, stripes, busy patterns and bright colors - these overwhelm and create distractions in your portrait.
- A black shirt or top is always a good choice.
- Bring appropriate shoes, socks and a belt for each outfit.
- Be sure the clothes you select fit properly, especially shirt collars.
- Short sleeves are OK, but long sleeves are best. Be sure to bring at least 1-2 long sleeve tops.
- Dark clothes will help to make you look thin.
- Traditional clothing styles will better stand the test of time.
- Medium to dark clothes look the best on dark backgrounds.
- Medium to light colors look the best on lighter colored backgrounds.
- Earth tones are best for outdoor portraits.
- Bring all clothes on hangers. Be sure clothes are not wrinkled.